Google Map Maker allows you to add and update geographic information for anyone to see in Google Maps and Google Earth. By sharing information about the places you know, like businesses in your town or places in your school campus, you can ensure that the map accurately reflects the world around you. Your updates will be reviewed and once approved, will appear online for people from all over the world to see.
With Google Map Maker, you can:
- Add places of interest such as your local restaurants, cafés, schools and more.
- Edit and update details for existing places.
- Help avid hikers by mapping trails, be it for a casual walk or an adventurous trip!
- Get driving directions and also help in making them more accurate.
- See what your peers are mapping in specific areas.
It is so easy to begin, simply either Google the phase “Google Map Maker” and select the first result, or click here. Creating your own modifications to Google maps can help anyone wishing to explore you community to find things such as a hiking trail or a relatively unknown park or fun spot to hang out. using Google Maps or Google Earth. You can collaborate with other people to help improve the maps of your community.