iPhone Catches Fire: Young Girl Burned

PrintiPhone catches fire in a young girls back pocket as class is starting in the middle school of Kennebucks, Maine. The young girl stated that she heard a pop from her back pocket and before she could react her back pocket was on fire. Reports say that she stopped, dropped, rolled and attempted to get out of her pants.

The teacher reacted quickly by throwing a blanket over the child to smother the fire. The other students also helped in extinguishing the fire.

The school principal, Jeff Rodman, told Seacoast Online, “It was something that I don’t think people had ever seen before. I’ve never seen anything like that.”

iPhone catches fire , the young girl was transported to the local hospital and then later released.

The division chief of the local emergency medical services, Andrew Palmeri, told Seacoast Online that the phone’s battery had “shorted out.” He suggested that the phone had been crushed in the teen’s back pocket. Local fire services are investigating.

This is not the first incident of cell phones catching on fire. Both iPhones and Android phones have caught fire from time-to-time and have even caused an airplane flight disruption.

(Image Source: iCLIPART)